<

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Wow.

I had something happen today that most people only dream of...
- On the way home from work today, I stopped at a McDonalds to get some chicken nuggets and on the way out of the parking lot, I inexplicably bumped into the car in front of me at about 1 or 2 miles an hour. I freaked out cause I thought it was a car full of angry-looking spanish dudes I saw in the drive-thru. But as I pulled into the parking lot to converse with the driver of the other car, a white guy stepped out of the vehicle, a suped-up sedan of some sort, and inspected his rear bumper. Then he came over and told me that there was no damage to his car from what he could see, so I was in the clear as far as paying for damages was concerned. He got back in his vehicle and sped back out onto the main road without a second thought.
Amazing, huh?

I thought so too, because the average American would have sued me up the wazoo for back and neck problems, mental anguish, and that two centimeter scratch on the rear bumper.
I lucked out. Thank God for that.
Wow...