<

Monday, February 21, 2005

Papa's Got A Brand New Bag...

Well sort of...
Ya see, my car is a 1994 Saturn SW-1 (coal black, all-around), given to me by my parents. When they gave it to me, they gave it to me as is (for the most part). Part of that included some window tinting that was falling off and looking downright ugly, not to mention a jakked electrical system (that year just happened to suck), dirty floors, stained seats, and an 'old school' stereo system including the radio and a cassette tape player.
You can understand why I was not too thrilled to drive the vehicle around town.

So I went to work fixing it up over the past year or so (in my insanely valuable spare time). I began by vacuum and cleaning the floors, then cleaning stains out of the seats, and vacuuming in every nook and cranny I could manage to find.
Soon after that, I rewired the electrical system, so as to prevent my electric locks, which act possessed whenever given power, from locking me out of the car and acting on their own will instead of mine (no joke!). A double bonus of this rewiring was the ability to use my cigarette lighter, not for smoking (cuz I don't), but to plug in an FM transmitter for use with my MP3 player, which now kicks more booty than a psychotic gorilla on steroids!
I also happened to come in contact with a friend of a friend who agreed to remove the messed up tinting from my windows for a minimal fee (seventy bucks), which I soon found out was an extreme good deal. So it was done, and my windows came out looking almost new! To compliment, I washed my windows inside and out, and finished up the job by getting a deluxe carwash with the works (including wax and all that).
Sadly, a "evidently large" bird crapped on my hood while I was at work the next day, but a well-timed rainstorm the day after that removed all evidence of the atrocity, restoring my car to its former self. Now I am hoping that all of that work will pay off whenever I decide to sell the car, by pushing up the potential resale value. Wish me luck!
And until next time...

Peace.